- We want visitors to our website to be able to take part fully in the activities and offers we provide. We also want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
- The purpose of this policy is to give you useful information about the way we collect and use personal information. We are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you.
- We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- We may collect and process data about you when you contact us.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third parties for commercial reasons. If we wish to disclose your personal information to third parties, we will inform you of our intention to do so when we collect the information and you will have the opportunity to consent to that disclosure or not.
We use a third party data processor to send out review emails so, by providing us with your information, you consent to us passing that information to a third party, our review service collector, for the purpose of completing post-purchase email reviews.
We use a third party payment service to facilitate purchases through our website so, by providing us with your information, you consent to us passing that information to our payment service for the purpose of completing your transaction.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA (European Economic Area). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it.
In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting customer services at any time.
- We use a technology called “cookies” as part of normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website.
- We have several newsletters that keep our customers up-to-date with information on products and competitions. If you would like to subscribe to one of our newsletters, we will require you to send us your email address so that we can send the newsletter to you. We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your name, age, sex and location so that we can personalise your newsletters.
We regularly run competitions and prize draws and, in addition to your answer or entry, we will require you to send us certain information, such as your name and email address. We will only use this information to administer the promotion and for any other purpose to which you consented when you entered.
- Use of Third Party Apps: Where data is shared with other 3rd party apps this data is restricted to the data measured by the Salter device (such as weight, BMI, blood pressure, etc.) and the unique ID associated with you the user. The app can only send data to third party apps but does not attempt to read data.
Please note, that by creating an account with Salter you are giving us permission to store your user data. This includes your email address, user name and measurement data associated with that account such as weight and heart rate etc. We promise not to share your details with a 3rd party.
Our new system will allow you the flexibility to access your data on any device (phone or tablet) and any operation system (iOS or Android). So if you upgrade or lose your device you will be able to access you data on any new device when you log in with your details.
If you have any questions about privacy or data storage please write to us at:
FKA Brands Ltd
Somerhill Business Park,
or telephone us on: (0) 1732 354828
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie name||What it does|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The item that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer ID with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the customer segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have recently emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CTN||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device containing information about your use of a website.
Cookies are used to store data on your device to manage your shopping basket, also meaning that the basket contents are kept between visits. A number of cookies are used to record technical information necessary for our web servers to work properly. No personally identifiable information in stored in these cookies.
These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on does not affect usage of the website in any other way. A link to further information on the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on is provided below for your convenience.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.