Your quality Salter scale has been designed especially for your convenience. It has the bonus features of a timer, clock, room temperature and extra large viewing display.
Insert 4 x AA batteries. Ensure +/- terminals are the correct way round.
TO SWITCH ON
- If using a bowl place on the platform before switching the scale on.
- 2) Press ‘ON-ZERO’ until the display illuminates.
- 3) Wait until the display shows zero.
TO CONVERT WEIGHT UNITS
To convert between grams (g), pounds and ounces (lb.oz), millilitres (ml) and fluid ounces (fl.oz) press ‘UNIT’ button at any time duringweighing.
Note: The room temperature will automatically show °F when in the imperial (lb:oz/fl.oz) weighing mode and °C when in the metric (kg/g/ml) weighing mode.
USING THE AQUATRONIC™ FEATURE
The Aquatronic™ liquid measure feature is suitable for all water based liquids, including wine, milk, stock, cream etc.
Note: Oils have a lower specific gravity, which will result in a volume reading of approx +10%. If measuring oils by volume on this scale, please adjust for this accordingly.
TO ADD AND WEIGH
To weigh several different ingredients, press ‘ON-ZERO’ to reset the display between each ingredient.
Switch the scale on then press the ‘START-STOP’ button to obtain a 00:00 display in the
2. Press the ‘SET’ button to increase the countdown time (from 1 to 99 minutes) – either use a
single press to advance one minute at a time – or press and hold to advance continuously until
button is released.
TO OPERATE THE TIMER
- Switch the scale on then press the ‘START-STOP’ button to obtain a 00:00 display in the clock window.
- Press the ‘SET’ button to increase the countdown time (from 1 to 99 minutes) – either use a single press to advance one minute at a time – or press and hold to advance continuously until button is released.
- Press the ‘START-STOP’ button to start the countdown.The timer symbol will now be displayed.
- The timer display will show both minutes and seconds when counting down.
- When the countdown reaches 00:00 the alarm will sound for 1 minute.
- The ‘START-STOP’ button can be pressed to silence the alarm.
- During countdown the ‘START-STOP’ button can be pressed to pause and restart the countdown as required.
- To reset the timer press and hold the ‘START-STOP’ button to return to 00:00.
- The display will automatically
AUTO SWITCH OFF
Automatic switch off occurs if the display shows 0 for 1 minute or shows the same weight reading for 3 mins.
Note: If only the timer is in use, then after a period the display backlight will switch to low light-level mode in order to save power (and the scale display will shut down).To re-illuminate press any button.
MANUAL SWITCH OFF
To maximise battery life:
Press and hold the ‘ON-ZERO’ button for 2 seconds to switch the scale and timer off at any time.
CLEANING AND CARE
- DO NOT immerse the scale in water or use chemical/abrasive cleaning agents.
- All plastic parts should be cleaned immediately after contact with fats, spices, vinegar and strongly flavoured/coloured foods.
- Avoid contact with acids such as citrus juices.
Download Instruction Manual