The thin tip of the probe measures the current temperature.
- Be sure meat is entirely thawed to the centre before using meat thermometer.
- Gently insert the tip of the probe into the centre (thickest part) of the meat/food, but not in contact with bone, fat or gristle.
INSERT THE PROBE A MINIMUM OF 4cm INTO MEAT.
- Place meat in oven. When meat thermometer reaches desired temperature, remove meat from oven.
THERMOMETER WILL GET HOT – DO NOT TOUCH WITH BARE HANDS!
For your guidance, the temperature chart at the front of the instruction booklet, which can be download using the link below, shows meat temperature recommendations from the USDA*. Use of fresh ingredients and safe food handling is very important. The manufacturer accepts no responsibility or liability for food borne illnesses which may occur from food prepared using this product or temperature charts.
* USDA = United States Department of Agriculture, currently publishing the most detailed recommended guidelines.
*USDA stated temperatures are the minimum safe internal temperature
Once meat/poultry has reached its final temperature, always rest for a minimum of 3 minutes before carving/ serving. For really succulent meat you may wish to rest for longer.
CARE AND PRECAUTIONS
- WARNING HOT SURFACE! Always wear a heat resistant glove when handling the meat thermometer.
- At temperatures over 230°C the dial printing may start to discolour.
- DO NOT leave in oven at temperatures above 280°C.
- DO NOT immerse in cold water after removing thermometer from food. Allow thermometer to cool at room temperature.
- Clean with a damp cloth. Grease or other stubborn marks can be removed from metal parts with a scouring pad. DO NOT wash in a dishwasher or immerse in water. The thermometer is NOT suitable for use in a microwave oven.
Download Instruction Manual