The Salter luggage scale has a simple one button operation. Compact and light it can be stored neatly within your luggage when you are travelling.
PREPARING YOUR LUGGAGE SCALE
- Remove battery isolator tab from rear of scale.
- The scale is set to kg weight mode. To change default to lb take the following steps:
- Ensure scale is switched off.
- Press button to switch scale on.While display shows ‘8.8.8’press button again until desired weight mode is shown on right of display.(kg / lb)
- Wait for display to show‘0.0’. Scale is ready for use.
- Important - if you cannot comfortably lift your luggage do not attempt to weigh it.
- Stand with luggage to your side.
- Hold scale with one hand only. • Keeping back straight, bend knees then lift.
- Look ahead, not at the display, while lifting. The scale will beep to alert you once the weight reading has been taken.
- Avoid twisting the back or leaning sideways. Keep shoulders level and facing same direction as hips keeping back upright at all times.
- Keep luggage close to the body but not touching.
- Luggage only needs to be just clear of floor to take reading.
- Lift smoothly.
- When measurement is complete, lower the luggage in the reverse manner you lifted.
OPERATING YOUR LUGGAGE SCALE
- Attach strap around luggage handle with buckle facing you. Ensure buckle is securely engaged and strap adjusted to take up excess.
- Hold scale with one hand. Allow strap to dangle beneath scale to enable an accurate zero reading.
- Press button to switch scale on.Wait until display shows zero.
- Gently lift scale until luggage is off the floor.
- When a stable weight reading is achieved the scale will beep.
- Lower the luggage to the floor.
- Weight is displayed for approximately 1 minute before switching off, or press button to switch off.
ACCURACY And ALLOWANCES
Some factors affecting accuracy need to be allowed for:
- If the strap is pulled while taking a zero reading or the luggage touches yourself or an obstacle during weighing this can affect the accuracy.
- Your scale rounds up or down to the nearest increment. If you take two readings and get different readings, the weight lies between the two.
- Your scale readings may not match the airline check-in desk due to manufacturing tolerances.
- After a flight allow the scale to return to room temperature before use.
For these reasons we recommend your luggage weighs at least 500g/1.1lb less than your airline allowance, this should also allow you to take your luggage scale with you.
ADVICE FOR USE AND CARE
- Do not exceed the 40kg/88lb maximum weight capacity
- Clean your scale with a damp cloth. Do not use chemical cleaning agents.
- Do not use scale if the strap or buckle show any signs of fatigue.
- Treat your scale with care – it is a precision instrument. not drop it.
If you experience any difficulty in the use of your scale:
- Check the battery is correctly fitted
- Check that you have selected your preference of kilos or pounds.
- If when you use the scale there is no display at all or if ‘Lo’ is displayed – try a new battery.
- If ‘EEE’ is displayed the scale has been overloaded.
- ‘Lo’+ battery symbol Replace battery
- ‘eee’ Weight exceeds maximum capacity
For More Information Please Download the Instruction Manual