Temperature Range: -45ºC (-49ºF) to 200ºC (392ºF)
Resolution: 0.1ºC (0.1ºF)
Battery: 1 x LR44
The thin tip of the probe measures the current temperature.The thermometer always displays the current temperature (it does not lock to a reading).
- Press q button on top of product to switch on.
- Gently insert the tip of the probe into the centre (thickest part) of the meat/food, butnot in contact with bone, fat or gristle.
- The LCD will show the current temperature at the end of the probe (it may take a fewseconds to reach its final temperature). Always clean between each use. Do not leavethe thermometer in oven while cooking. Do not use the thermometer to lift or turnfood items.
- To maximise battery life press q button after use to switch off. Auto switch-off occurs 45 mins after idle.
For your guidance, the temperature chart at the front of the booklet supplied shows meat temperature recommendations from the USDA*. Use of fresh ingredients and safe food handling is very important. The manufacturer accepts noresponsibility or liability for food borne illnesses which may occur from food prepared using this product or temperature charts.
* USDA = United States Department of Agriculture, currently publishing the most detailed recommended guidelines.
Once meat/poultry has reached its final temperature, always rest for aminimum of 3 minutes before carving/ serving. For really succulent meat you may wishto rest for longer.
CHANGING BETWEEN UNITS/ CHANGING BATTERY
- Remove battery door.
- To change units, move switch to preferred setting/ Insert new battery (LR44),ensuring + symbol is facing up.
- Replace battery door.
PRODUCT WARNING INDICATORS
Reduced LCD brightness = low battery. Werecommend changing the battery after 1 to 2 years, to prevent batteries corroding inthe product.
LL = lower than -45ºC (-49ºF)
HH = over 200ºC (392ºF)
CARE AND PRECAUTIONS
- DO NOT place thermometer inside oven or grill
- Alwayswear a heat resistant glove when handling the thermometer probe. WARNING HOTSURFACE!
- DO NOT immerse in cold water after removing thermometer from food.
- Clean with a damp cloth. Grease or other stubborn marks can be removed from metalparts with a scouring pad.
- DO NOT wash in a dishwasher or immerse in water.
- Thethermometer is NOT suitable for use in a microwave oven.
- Always remove flat batteriesimmediately.
For full instructions please down the instruction manual below
Download Instruction Manual